By Erik Goldman
Information about CBD (cannibidiol) and the endocannabinoid system is everywhere these days. So are claims about the health benefits of CBD. As compelling as these topics may be, the information presented is rarely clinically applicable.
What practitioners want--and need--is more information and guidance on how to use CBD safely and effectively in clinical practice.
In this free need-to-know primer, Aimée Shunney, ND, will share 3 case studies from her practice focusing on the use of CBD to increase stress resilience, reduce anxiety, and manage depression.
From these cases, she'll draw out key clinical pearls for patient care strategies, avoidance of drug interactions, selection of products, and more.
- Learn about three patients’ successful experiences using CBD for depression and anxiety
- Explore dosing strategies and practicalities of dosing titration
- Review known issues with cannabinoid-drug interactions
- Discuss challenges with extreme variation in products, including full spectrum products vs isolates
- Learn various ways to balance the endocannabinoid system
- Gain a clear understanding of how to choose superior products
Aimée Gould Shunney, ND, is a naturopathic physician in private practice since 2001, currently at Santa Cruz Integrative Medicine in Santa Cruz, CA. She combines western medical science with evidence-based natural therapies including diet, exercise, lifestyle coaching, nutritional supplements, herbal medicine, and bio-identical hormones. She specializes in women’s health and bio- identical hormone balancing as well as menopause, menstrual issues, sexual dysfunction, thyroid optimization, stress management, and digestive health.